Read frequently asked questions about Peconic Landing
Peconic Landing is an equity-model Continuing Care Retirement Community. While many retirement communities offer lifestyle amenities, Peconic Landing also offers a Lifecare contract. Similar to a long-term care policy, a Lifecare contract provides our members with access to award-winning assisted living, memory support, short-term rehabilitation, and skilled nursing should they need it, at no additional cost. This contract provides peace of mind while safeguarding a member’s estate from the exorbitant out-of-pocket costs of long-term care. Peconic Landing is one of just 14 Life Plan or Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) in New York State. It is overseen by the state Attorney General’s office, the Department of Financial Services, and the Department of Health and Human Services. It is the first and only Lifecare CCRC in New York State offering equity ownership and the potential for appreciation.
Peconic Landing is a not-for-profit organization. The organization’s Board of Trustees works with the Peconic Landing Housing Association Cooperative and the Member Cooperative Committee to carry out the mission of Peconic Landing.
Lifecare is a relatively new concept in New York, providing members with access to a variety of long-term care services within one community. Members join the community living independently in a single-family cottage or apartment. As the member’s care needs change over time, access to assisted living, short-term rehabilitation, memory support, and skilled nursing care are available at no additional cost. This allows members to age in place, surrounded by loved ones and friends in the home they have come to enjoy. As an added benefit for couples where both individuals are lifecare members, there is significant value, as this contract allows one member to continue to reside in his or her cottage or apartment home should the other need care in the Health Center – all at no additional cost.
Yes! In addition to our Lifecare contract, we also offer a Type C or “fee-for-service” contract. Similar to most Long Island retirement communities, our Type C contract offers the benefits of hassle-free homeownership while providing access to all of the lifestyle amenities available on campus. Members can also access Peconic Landing’s award-winning assisted living, memory support, short-term rehabilitation, and skilled nursing care, if needed, at the fee-for-service rate. This contract provides peace of mind as the stresses of home maintenance and upkeep will be taken care of, with health services available nearby if needed. Type C members also have the opportunity to apply for Lifecare membership at a later date, if interested. This contract is an accommodating option for those who already hold long-term care insurance. All members pay a monthly service fee, which ranges in cost depending on the size of the home, covering all maintenance, housekeeping services, and lifestyle amenities. Individuals seeking services in the Health Center pay the fee-for-service rate.
Unlike many Lifecare communities that offer an “entrance fee” model, Peconic Landing members purchase shares in a cooperative-type structure. This provides members with the benefits of homeownership with the potential for appreciation upon resale.
Unlike the real estate market, the value of a residence at Peconic Landing is decided upon by the state Attorney General’s Office and the Department of Financial Services. These offices approve increases to the share cost of the accommodations over time. As the share prices increase, members have the opportunity to benefit from that increase at the point of resale, with proceeds going to the member’s estate. Since inception, Peconic Landing has paid out over $13 million in appreciation.
For membership, interested applicants purchase shares in the cooperative specific to their accommodation, allowing for equity homeownership and the potential for appreciation upon resale. Members also make a one-time payment upon signing their Lifecare contract, securing their access to long-term care for life. Following these upfront costs, members pay a monthly service fee depending on the size of the home. The monthly service fee covers the cost of real estate taxes, homeowner’s insurance, utilities, interior and exterior maintenance, dining, housekeeping, and transportation, among other lifestyle amenities. Under the Lifecare contract, it also covers the cost of long-term care the member may be receiving at any level. For pricing on specific floor plans, speak with a retirement counselor by calling 631-419-9702 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apartment / Cottage Residency
- Assisted Living Services
- Skilled Nursing Care Services
- Choice of dining options
- All utilities (except telephone) & basic television service
- Property taxes & Homeowner’s insurance
- Residence interior & exterior maintenance
- Common Area maintenance
- Weekly flat linen laundry service
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Annual heavy cleaning
- Scheduled transportation
- 24 Hour Security & Emergency Response System
- Fitness Instruction & Classes
- Wellness & Health programs
- Use of indoor heated swimming pool
- Use of state-of-the-art Fitness Center
- Cultural Arts Events
- State-of-the-art classrooms & learning center
- Lectures & Classes
- Underground Parking space for apartment residents who own an automobile
- Storage areas for apartments
- Attached garages for cottages
Access to the following services, the cost of which is the responsibility of the Resident:
- Physician Services
- Prescription Drugs
- Rehabilitation Services
* Please note, some services may be amended on a temporary basis due to declared state of emergencies and state and/or federal guidance.
Peconic Landing offers a number of amenities*, including but not limited to:
- Half-mile of private Long Island Sound beach
- Auditorium theatre with state-of-the-art sound and HD projection system, offering live screenings of the Metropolitan Opera, National Theatre, and more.
- Brecknock Hall event venue
- State-of-the-art fitness center and aerobics room with personal training available
- Heated indoor pool
- Formal dining rooms
- Bistro-style casual café
- Award-winning sculpture garden
- Two tennis courts
- Smart classroom and computer center
- Library with print center
- Art studio and gallery areas
- The Market convenience shop
- Bridgehampton National Bank
- Mail room
- Club room/Card room
- Nature trails
* Please note, some amenities may be closed on a temporary basis due to declared state of emergencies and state and/or federal guidance.