A proven standard of excellence means you are in good hands
The national standards for quality that earned Peconic Landing its third distinctive five-year accreditation term from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) continue to serve as the foundation for our success. CARF is the nation’s first and only accreditation system for CCRCs. Having this accreditation means that Peconic Landing conforms to proven business practices, fiscal integrity, employee training, information management and continuous quality improvement. Peconic Landing has the distinction of being the only CARF-accredited CCRC on Long Island.
The Health Center at Peconic Landing has also earned national recognition from CARF as a Person-Centered Long-Term Care Community. According to CARF, communities that qualify as person-centered must foster a holistic culture that focuses on:
- Autonomy, dignity, and individual choice of the persons served.
- Relationships among persons served, families/support systems, and personnel.
- Persons served making decisions about the rhythm of their day, the services provided to them, and the issues that are important to them.
- Cultural competence, flexibility, and safety and security of the community.
- Continuous learning and growth, teamwork, empowerment, responsiveness, and spontaneity.
Proven fiscal responsibility
As New York State’s only equity-based model, Peconic Landing is the most heavily regulated CCRC statewide. This oversight helps contribute to our strong fiscal standing and premier quality of care. As a Life Plan Community providing long-term care, Peconic Landing is subject to all laws and regulations set forth by the New York State Department of Health in association with the New York State Continuing Care Retirement Community Council. The cooperative ownership component of the community is governed through the New York State Attorney General’s Office while the insurance component of the Lifecare contract is overseen by the New York State Department of Financial Services, which approves all monthly service fees and purchase prices.
Peconic Landing is proud to be one of five CCRCs in New York State to have earned a distinction by the Fitch Rating Agency, a nationally recognized statistical rating organization. Holding a Fitch rating helps the organization with financial investments geared towards strategic growth for the future. A proven asset, the rating helped Peconic Landing to receive a favorable interest rate on bonds issued for the community’s most recent expansion in 2016. Based on our community’s continued high level of occupancy and strong financial performance, Peconic Landing maintains a stable BBB- investment grade rating. In 2021, Fitch reaffirmed Peconic Landing’s rating, noting the organization’s fiscal stability, strong revenue defensibility and favorable location.
Awards and accolades from our Fitch-rated community!
Peconic Landing is proud to have earned the following awards and accolades:
- The Shores at Peconic Landing was recognized 12 times as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Nursing Homes in America, Long-Term Care
- The Bluffs at Peconic Landing was recognized six times as one of U.S. News & World Reports Best Nursing Homes in America, Short-Term Rehabilitation
- Named among the Best Companies to Work for in NY State in 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 by the state Society for Human Resource Management.
- LeadingAge NY’s 2022 Thomas Clark Memorial Award – Jennifer Drofenik, Director of Health Services
- Director of Health Services Jennifer Drofenik appointed Vice President to LeadingAge NY’s Assisted Living Cabinet in 2021
- Greenport Fire Department 2021 EMT of the Year Award – Rebecca McKnight, Tony Volinski, & Colleen Hughes
- LIBN’s 2021 Business & Finance Award – Gregory N. Ferraris, Board Member
- President and CEO Robert J. Syron appointed to Stony Brook ELIH Advisory Board in 2020.
- LeadingAge NY’s 2020 Trustee of the Year Award – Gregory N. Ferraris, Board Member
- Designed a Certified Center for Successful Aging by Masterpiece in 2019
- 2017 Platinum and Silver level Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design [LEED®] certifications from the U.S. Green Building Council for the West Apartments and Expanded Health Center
- Harbor South recognized as the first provider in New York to receive the 2017 Distinguished Provider Certification by Dementia Care Specialists and the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) in 2017
- McKnight’s Senior Living 2017 Silver “Excellence in Technology Award” for Innovator of the Year recognizing the “Community Life Smartphone App”
- LeadingAge New York’s 2017 “Innovation of the Year” for Community Life Smartphone App
- LeadingAge NY 2016 “Innovation of the Year Award” to Peconic Landing and partner East End Arts for its music therapy program, Music By The Bedside
- Long Island Business News 2016 “Corporate Citizenship Award” for Leadership for a Nonprofit – Robert J. Syron, President/ CEO.
- LeadingAge NY 2015 “Innovation of the Year Award” to Peconic Landing for its art accessibility sculpture garden, Art Without Barriers.
- LeadingAge NY 2014 “Professional of the Year” award – Patricia Lutzky, Peconic Landing’s Vice President of Resident Services
- LeadingAge NY 2012 “Best Practice Award” to Peconic Landing for its social accountability program, Community Connection.
- Leading Age NY 2012 “Employee of Distinction Award” – Darryl Volinski, Director of Environmental Services
- New York Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (NYAHSA) 2010 “Best Practice Award” for Working Wonders employee work/ life balance program
- Greenport Fire Department 2010 EMT of the Year Award – Darryl Volinski
- Congregation Tifereth Israel 2010 “Citizen of the Year Award” – Robert J. Syron, President/ CEO
- New York Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (NYAHSA) 2009 “James W. Sanderson Memorial Award for Leadership” – Robert J. Syron, President/ CEO
- New York Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (NYAHSA) 2009 Young “Administrator of the Year” Award – Greg Garrett, Peconic Landing’s EVP/Administrator of Health Services