The Peconic Landing Difference
From the outside looking in, retirement communities can look very similar. Most offer independent living accommodations with a wide range of amenities and activities.
So what makes Peconic Landing so exceptional, so vastly different from other communities?
Peconic Landing’s combination of a unique equity-based structure, long list of achievements, and breathtaking waterfront location.
Taken altogether, it’s a dynamic community that embraces a healthy, active lifestyle infused with a sense of exploration, creativity, and generosity of spirit. Peconic Landing is proud to be a pioneer in many ways! We invite & encourage you to visit our retirement community & experience the difference for yourself.
Life Plan model gives you peace of mind
There are four Life Plan Communities (or Continuing Care Retirement Communities) on Long Island. A Life Plan Community like Peconic Landing is a place for active, older adults that offers independent living with access to higher-level care should residents need additional support.
Peconic Landing is proud to be:
- the only CCAC/CARF-accredited Life Plan Community on Long Island
- the only Life Plan Community located on the East End of Long Island
Equity ownership provides financial control and security
Opened in 2002, Peconic Landing is New York’s first and only equity-based Life Plan Community. Our fiscally responsible model offers the possibility for members to:
- Retain the tax benefits of homeownership
- Build equity and earn appreciation
- Live at one of just 161 Life Plan Communities out of 1900 countrywide to hold a Fitch Investment Grade Rating
Cooperative structure offers you a voice
Ownership changes the way that members feel about their home and community. Our cooperative structure and equity model means that the people who live here are truly invested in our community as a whole. You won’t find more passionate, involved members anywhere else!
Here at Peconic Landing, our members can:
- Take part in Finance, Culinary, Buildings & Grounds, and other Committees that work directly with management to advance the community
- Vote for three fellow members to represent you on the Housing Association Cooperative Board, which works with management and the Board of Trustees to carry out Peconic Landing’s mission and vision
- Meet with the CEO three times a month at one of our Town Halls or Chats to speak up and have your voice heard
A proven standard of excellence means you are in good hands
Peconic Landing’s approach to innovation is built upon a simple foundation: we are on a continual journey, always growing and moving forward in a positive direction. The train must never reach the station but set an infinite course toward cutting-edge advances in care and service to older adults.
We are proud to be:
- home to Harbor South for Memory Support, New York’s only memory care neighborhood to be named a Dementia Care Specialists Distinguished Provider by the Crisis Prevention Institute
- home to The Bluffs for Short-Term Rehabilitation, named among the top 16% as one of the country’s “Best Nursing Homes” by U.S. News & World Report
- a certified Center for Successful Aging by Masterpiece
- named among the Best Companies to Work for in New York State nine times
Social accountability program brings the community together
At Peconic Landing, we believe that meaningful relationships among our members, team and the greater community nurture a welcoming spirit and a strong sense of unity.
As a a not-for-profit organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code, we are:
- Dedicated to making a positive, measurable impact and improving the quality of life for those who live and work on the East End
- a vibrant community center and cultural arts hub for the East End, with many events and activities open to the public
- the largest taxpayer and second-largest employer in the Town of Southold
- committed to conservation, preservation, and sustainability, proven by our platinum-level Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design-certified expansion in 2016