At Peconic Landing, we believe that meaningful relationships among our members, staff and the greater North Fork community nurture a welcoming spirit and a strong sense of unity.
At Peconic Landing, we strive to bring individuals of all ages and abilities together by serving as a vibrant community center and cultural arts hub for the East End. Through our innovative social accountability program, individuals can immerse themselves in a great variety of cultural, educational, wellness, and healthful opportunities – available free to the public – that are designed to inspire and engage. Each event is hosted with the purpose of enriching the lives of those who take part. Our community does this with one common goal in mind: to make a positive, measurable impact, improving quality of life for those who live and work in the East End community.
Special Events and Initiatives
The John May Mile & 5K Race, named in honor of our late board chair John M. May, is an annual multigenerational fitness race held in honor of Older Americans Month. The race has grown into a prominent community event and has raised more than $325,000 for the local Greenport Fire Department since its start. WATCH
Our Veterans Day Wedding Giveback at Brecknock Hall began in 2011 as an opportunity to thank our military personnel and recognize them for their service. The giveback has become a community affair, made possible through contributions from local businesses and organizations that help us to donate a wedding free of charge to a deserving service couple. WATCH
Educating the Next Generation
To provide inspiration and support for local students, Peconic Landing and its members have developed cooperative programs such as:
- The Dictionary Project – Providing over 400 third graders across the North Fork with their very first dictionary.
- Trailblazers and Pathfinders – a program in which members and business leaders from the greater community mentor graduating seniors from across the North Fork.
- Tomorrow’s Leaders – Internship opportunities for Nursing Home Administrators in training.
- Internship opportunities for local students in human resources, business administration, hospitality and more.
Making a Difference
A long list of organizations benefit from our employees’ efforts and/or Peconic Landing’s Charitable Giving Program, including:
- Greenport School District
- Southold School District
- Eastern Long Island Hospital and the ELIH Auxiliary
- Southold Historical Society
- Southold Indian Museum
- Alzheimer’s Association – Long Island Chapter
- Greenport and Southold Little League
- Greenport Fire Department and Rescue Squad
- East Marion Fire Department
- Greenport High School Porters Football Team
- Greenport PTA
- North Fork Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary Club of Southold
- Maureen’s Haven
- Congregation Tifereth Israel
- Kindest Hearts Foundation
- North Fork Designer Show House
- East End Arts
- North Fork Parish Outreach
- Greenport Cub Scouts
- CAST – Community Action Southold Town
- The Wish Factory
- St. Agnes Church and St. John’s Place
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind
- Suffolk Independent Living
- Nassau Independent Living
- The Visually Impaired Persons of Southold