Harbor South – Memory Support
Memory Support Services in Greenport NY specializing in Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care for Long Island Residents
Peconic Landing offers memory support at the Assisted Living level. Our caregivers follow a person-centered approach that integrates each individual’s life-story with their level of ability at every stage of dementia. This allows for a truly personalized care plan tailored to each person’s distinct interests, hobbies, and lifestyle. Guided by this person-centered care philosophy, we create a unique schedule for each member as their abilities change to continue to establish moments of connection and purpose with friends and family.
Harbor South for memory support specializes in Alzheimer’s care and other forms of dementia and offers the following services and amenities:
- Lounge, screening room and community living spaces
- Family-style dining in our elegant dining room
- Full-service community kitchen
- Outdoor “discovery garden” with easy access
- Sunroom and recreational areas
- Weekly housekeeping & laundry services
- Spacious private accommodations with private bathroom and walk-in shower
- Personalized care plans
- Medication assistance
- Physical and occupational rehabilitation
- Social Services
- Healthcare professionals 24-hours
- State-of-the-art personal response system
- Access to expert consultants in Geriatrics, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Audiology and Dentistry
- Planned social events and outings
- Transportation to appointments
- Arts & Leisure programming
- Educational opportunities
“The Harbor South team is amazingly dedicated. They understand the importance of educating all of their staff, and they work hard to fine tune those skills until they are mastered,” said Sharon Jackson, Senior Consultant with CPI’s Dementia Care Specialists.
Harbor South is the only memory care neighborhood in Long Island and New York State to be recognized as a Distinguished Provider by Dementia Care Specialists and the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI). Peconic Landing has earned national recognition as a Person-Centered Long-Term Care Community through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
For more information on how we are different from other Long Island memory care communities, request a brochure or call us at 631-593-8323.
To review our COVID-19 Indoor Visitation Protocols, click here.
To view our detailed Pandemic Emergency Plan, click here.