Director of Sales
Peconic Landing is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit lifecare planned community overlooking the breathtaking Long Island Sound. Located on the North Fork of Long Island, our 144-acre campus is bordered by grapevines and golfing greens, situated on a half-mile of private Sound beach. The community is home to the North Fork’s only Sculpture Garden and serves as a cultural arts hub for the East End Community, presenting ample opportunity for individuals to pursue their interests and passions to the fullest.
Department: Sales & Marketing
Position type: Full-time
Peconic Landing, a beautiful continuing care retirement community located on the Long Island Sound, is seeking an accomplished Director of Sales and Marketing to be the prime sales person while leading, mentoring and coaching the Sales department.
Peconic Landing’s mission is to inspire and provide a vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle through choice and opportunity. This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic visionary and self-starting leader to join an organization that is highly committed to encouraging its members to pursue their interests and passions to the fullest for continued growth toward successful living.
The successful candidate will be an engaging leader who, in collaboration with others, will grow and drive the strategic vision of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Sales with an understanding of Marketing
- Prior sales experience in the senior living industry is strongly preferred.
- Senior living experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, foster relationships and superior organizational skills.
- Positive, focused attitude.
Develops and executes successful annual sales goals to achieve targeted occupancy levels.
- Supervises sales office support team members and retirement counselors. Conducts weekly team members meetings.
- Works with consultant(s) on current trends in PMA effecting targeted goals. Assists consultant in developing the annual Marketing Plan.
- Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of current best practices in successful retirement housing sales techniques, and provides coaching for team members.
- Reviews and gives initial approval of applications, contractual agreements and correspondence relating to contractual agreements.
- Collects and analyzes data on inquiry and sales activity, lead fulfillment, closing commitments and apartment/cottage inventory and attrition to achieve targeted occupancy.
- Works well with team of peer Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.